Research Paper Competition
UNIDO’s 50th Anniversary Research Paper Competition was launched to engage young people around the world (born between 1986 and 1993), who are interested in addressing the role of industry 4.0 in ac-hieving a sustainable future. The competition was organized by UNIDO, the UN specialized agency that promotes industrial develop-ment for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability, in cooperation with AIESEC, the global platform established for young people to explore and develop their leadership potenti-al. Contestants were required to submit a research paper addressing the role of industry 4.0 in the context of the 2030 agenda, as well as an abstract of up to 300 words summarizing the argument. The research paper addressed the following question: What is the role of industry 4.0 in achieving Sustainable Develop-ment Goal 9 and the 2030 Agenda?
The winners of the competition are:
- Africa - Ms. Mollin Mandaza (Republic of Zimbabwe, age 30) - Download paper
- Arab Region - Ms. Mireille Maddah (Lebanese Republic, age 23) - Download paper
- Asia - Ms. Shagun Tripathi (Republic of India, age 24) - Download paper
- Europe – Ms. Vojna Ngjeqari (Republic of Albania, age 26) - Download paper
- Latin America – Mr. Mario Monroy (Republic of El Salvador, age 23) - Download paper