Time Capsule Competition
UNIDO’s 50th Anniversary Time Capsule Competition was launched to engage creative young people around the world (born between 1991 and 1998), who are interested in addressing the issue of sustainability for a more in-clusive future. The competition was organized by UNIDO, the UN specialized agency that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability, in cooperation with AIESEC, a global platform established for young people to explore and develop their leadership potential.
Contestants were required to submit a video message about their hopes, dreams and concerns with inclusive and sustainable industrial development, in a world where the 2030 agenda for sustainable development has been ac-hieved. They were required to submit a video, no longer than 60 seconds, accompanied by a statement of up to 300 words outlining the ideas addressed in the video.
All videos will be stored in a time capsule, which will be kept at the United Nations Headquarters in Vienna and be re-opened in November 2030.
The winners of the competition are:
- Africa: Ms. Musopa Kalenga (Republic of Zambia, age 23)
- Arab Region: Ms. Waed Al-Khuzai (The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, age 22)
- Asia: Ms. You Jin Lee (Republic of Korea, age 22)
- Europe: Mr. Ivan Kurs (Russian Federation, age 23)
- Latin America: Ms. Maria Laura Muños Lora (Republic of Colombia, age 23)